Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Trusting God: TIme to turn the Page! Week 2

I woke this morning and headed for the kitchen for my first cup of coffee! God spoke, "It's time to turn the page and start week 2." You may wonder what has taken me so long to get to week 2. You see, those questions at the end of Week one shook me to my core.

Those questions begged answers of me. I had to answer to a Holy God about those questions. They weren't just answers He wanted to hear but blatantly honest ones. I ended up so humbled by God after the end of the first week that I simply had to "wait upon the Lord" to move forward. Even after I'd finished those questions, they'd rang loudly in my ears. The answers I'd given.

I got in my car and put in Gwen Smith's Cd. The first song is Center of Surrender. It talks about asking God to be the center of my surrender. Surrender in trusting Him in all areas of my life. What does that mean? It means Alicia Roark let's go of the rope and trusts God to catch her every single time she falls. Now that is some trust. It's become my prayer, "Lord, come be the center of my surrender."

I hopped in my bed and listened to the video for this week. Peace. Peace from life's circumstances that can only be obtained by God! Then the Bible verse: "The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You." V4. "Trust in the Lord forever, For in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock." Isaiah 26:3-4 (NASB). Now that verse alone made me just want to stand and shout!

I began to read the devotion. Oh how it spoke to my heart! Mary Southerland spoke of using the term "Rest in Peace" normally in the circumstances of death. Oh, but we've been scratching the surface again! Man, this stuff is deep! Did you know that Rest in Peace can be associated with life?!! It's called having a relationship with Jesus Christ. The King of Kings and Lord of Lords! In Him on a daily basis we can truly "Rest in Peace."

Do your find yourself in a place of stress, needing some answers?!!! Trusting God book is the book for you! Please go grab you a copy today! www.amazon.com

Enoy the video!








Resting in Peace,
Alicia Roark

No comments:

Post a Comment