Thursday, December 22, 2011

Trusting God Book-It's your turn Now!

Since the arrival of this powerful book, I've been amazed, blessed by, and simply humbled by God. I got to day six 2 days ago. You might be saying to yourself, but Alicia, you should be on day 2 of week 2. I know I should, but when it got to these questions God stopped me cold in my tracks. I heard God say to me, "It's really your turn now. We have some much needed talking to do."

Lip service is always easy when life is going great! It's easy to trust God. It's kind of like that silly commercial from staples when you hit the easy button. That's what I'd been giving God. Lip service. I heard Him say, "You're not much different than doubting Thomas. I have to put it right where you can see it before you trust in ME and the fact that I will NEVER leave you nor forsake you." I wanted to crawl under the bed. However, the reality set in that I can't hide from Him. He was right. I'd been hitting the easy button, but when the storm came I definitely went running in the other direction. I'd gotten shaky faith, because I'd felt like the rug had been pulled from underneath me.

He said, "Remember, I'm the same God who saved you at age 9 from a place called Hell, I saved you from child abuse, I've provided for your every need. " I listened a little more, and He said, "Just like my friend Lazarus to Mary and Martha I was 4 days late but I was right on time and for you I'll always be right on time."

Humbled by the hard questions I've had to answer over the past day or two I'm learning that Trusting God is the only solution to any of life's problems. It's not like I didn't know that before but in my modern-day world I'd been relying too much on that easy button.

These questions didn't get the easy button response. They were questions that pierced down to the depths of my soul. I was humbled by God himself in the midst of my easy-button life.

So, today I ask you, while reading Trusting God when it comes to the Now it's your turn questions. DO NOT HIT THE EASY BUTTON. Take time to be still and know that He is God. Invite God to meet you in the midst of those questions. You never know what He will say!

Please enjoy the video....It's so appropriate to today's blog.


Amazed by His grace,
Alicia

2 comments:

  1. Alicia,

    I am right there with you when it comes to the easy button and lip service. I don't want to give God lip service....EVER! I don't want lip service from the people I interact with on a daily basis so why would I give it to my Heavenly Father? He is worth so much more than that! I want to give him my heart, completely! My trust, unconditionally! My love, unwavering! Thank you so much for this post today!

    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
  2. still waiting for book..thank you for posting this Gods Peace

    ReplyDelete