Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Trusting God Release Day! TODAY!!!!

It's the long anticipated book of the year! Ok, I'm a little partial to these ladies because they are my girlfriends!

However, this book is timely! You see, we all are constantly on a journey of Trust. You may be currently standing on the mountain where life is great! The flowers are pretty, the sun is shining, and the birds are singing! Remember, even when we're on the mountain, we still are on a journey of trust because we are Trusting God that during our time on the mountain He will continue to be Jehovah Jireh (God Provides). It's easy on the mountain right?!!! However, God never promised us that we'd always stay there.

You see there's a place called the valley. It's in the trenches of life that we normally learn who God really is, and that His promises never fail. Just yesterday morning I was having my quiet time and then I finished up. God put into my path a book marker I'd made at last year's women's retreat. I know the verse but God said, "Look it up on the internet for the Message version." Well, it didn't take long and I was a mess. Here's what Isaiah 43:2 says in the Message Bible. "
4 But now, God's Message, the God who made you in the first place, Jacob,
the One who got you started, Israel:
"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.
I've called your name. You're mine.
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.
When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place,
it won't be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God,
The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you:
all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That's how much you mean to me!
That's how much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back,
trade the creation just for you.

Well, then I got in my car and started to drive to work. I said, "God, my girlfriends' book is coming out tomorrow. I"m in the thick of a Trust YOU moment RIGHT NOW. I need to know that you're hearing me, and understand, and that my David and Goliath situation will be ok.

I merged onto the interstate. I heard God beckon me to look up. Right in front of me in the clouds was a bird that kind of looked like an eagle. It circled right in front of me twice. God said, " Yet those who [a]wait for the LORD
Will (A)gain new strength;
They will [b](B)mount up with [c]wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.

It disappeared just as quick as it came. Then I drove a little more down the road and saw in the clouds a perfect image of two outstretched arms. He said, "Here I am." Then if that wasn't enough I looked over to my left and saw a HUGE hand shaped cloud. He said, "I will carry you. Trust me, I am right here."

I had to gather myself before going into work. I was in complete shock. You see although I may be in the thick of a David and Goliath moment, I know He is with me. Trusting Him is a daily process for anybody. Especially when you're in the valley.

Please do me a favor, go grab you a copy of my Girlfriends' book Trusting God. It will be a blessing to you. Mine is in the mail and I can't wait.

Here's one thing special about my girlfriends who wrote the book. Here's what they've said: "We don't care about the number of books that sell, we want to point others to Jesus through this book."

My girlfriends are just those kinds of ladies. Humble, sweet, and pointing others to Christ! Here's the link to the book. http://www.amazon.com/Trusting-God-Girlfriends-Faith-Adventure/dp/1601423934/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1323779027&sr=8-4

Happy Reading Ladies!

Alicia Roark

No comments:

Post a Comment